Pages

January 4, 2013

Let's clean up our beach

Mare

I'm back to sunny Italy after I spent the winter holidays with my family. And I made a decision: to begin with a beach cleanup.

This is the beach next to which I live - a beautiful and tranquil place. I want it clean. You know, garbage thrown out on the sand is not an uncommon scene. So I decided to take a plastic bag and a pair of gloves every time I go on jogging and do some cleaning.

I was surprised by the variety of plastic bottles, packages, cigarette butts and other sorts of junks I found on the beach. I know that some of them came with the waves. However, if I want a clean beach for me and those close to me and not only for the tourists, then I can just do it.

Thus I can truly enjoy a view like this:

savona_beach

Do you know that Savona has a Blue Flag for the quality of the sea water, seaside services and cultural and sport activities related to the sea? Let's keep its beaches clean. If you like this, you can join me. The only rule is: one bag at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment