Pages

June 20, 2013

Summertime

Mare

It's been so hot lately that you can't step with a bare foot on the sand. You can fry an egg on it, I bet, especially at noon.

Beaches are usually full of people, however not crowded... not yet. But this morning, the beach I normally go to, has been almost empty. The reason: partly cloudy weather. Nice! I wouldn't burn like a toast, I thought...


In such a day I like watching people. You know, the beach is an ideal place since so many different people gather there.

I think the girl and the boy on the left photo were sister and brother. And it seemed to me they were French.  Later on, a group of teenagers, boys and girls, arrived, went directly into the water and started showing off.

The sea in June is warm and excellent for swimming while in May the water is still cool. Besides, you must be cautious for underwater currents. There aren't lifeguards on the public beaches so your safety is your responsibility.

A boy was learning to surf although waves were not so big there. By the matter of fact, waves turn very close to the beach due to the very steep underwater slope, I suppose. The positive thing is there aren't sharks here  At least I haven't seen any...

However, there are whales. If you love to, you can go on whale watching sail to see how they mate (from July to September). Check out this guide for whale watching for season 2013. I want to try it myself!

A very old lady was led to the water by an attendant and she stayed there for quite a long time. The sea is so calming, so romantic and energizing! It's a great place to be at any age. My dream is to live by the sea when I get old or at least beside a lake... But today we don't know what will be tomorrow.

The city center is only one-park far from this beach and you can go there for a walk or you can have a drink on the beach.

Besides, it's also the season of watermelons, there are plenty of them in June and I adore them, especially in the hot afternoons or evenings. A kilogram of watermelon is about 59 cents! It's cheaper and much healthier than an ice-cream ;-) So go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment